Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Devil Gave Me A Gun

The Devil Gave Me A Gun is a short story that I wrote with fellow writer Keith Latch over the last few weeks. It's a story that I don't think either of us could have wrote by ourselves. It was a really fun experience and it won't be the last time we collaborate on a story, either. Right now it's 99 cents at amazon and we're enrolling it into the KDP Select program, because the free promotional days are just amazing. The reach I've been getting by sheer amount of downloads still boggles my mind, whether it will translate to increased sales or some sort of fan base I don't know, in the meantime it's just cool to watch those download numbers skyrocket through a promo day.

So far, my trying to write a new short story every month this year is working out. This will be my February story and will be available for free in February for at least two days. Next month's story is done and I just have to go back in and fix it up so it's fit for consumption. So, get used to more of these posts, but I'm not trying to get you to cough up 99 cents every time I write something. No, what I'd like is for everyone to download it on a free day and leave a review. A story in exchange for a few words expressing your thoughts on it is a great deal, I think.

But enough about that, I have to get back to lettering comics…

2 comments:

Bryan Wolford said...

man I need to get back into writing more. Been busy with film stuff for the last year or so. Just have to get back into the grind.

Swands said...

Yes you do, but making movies has to be pretty fun too.